LESSON 69 THE RABBIT IN THE WOOD
第六十九課 灌木中的白兔
In a wood where beasts can talk
在野獸談論的木叢里
I went out to take a walk.
我出去散步
A rabbit sitting in a bush
白兔坐在灌木中
Peeped at me, and then cried, "Hush!"
想我唧唧叫,突然喊道,安靜!
Presently to me it ran,
跑向我
And its story thus began:—
它的故事剛剛開始:——
"You have got a gun, I see:
你有槍,我看到了:
Perhaps you'll point it soon at me;
你會把槍口指向我;
And when I am shot, alack!
當我被射中,嗚呼
Pop ms in your little sack.
把我裝進袋子
When upon my fate I think,
面對我的命運
I grow faint—my spirits sink."
我會變得蒼白——我的精神沒了
"Pretty rabbit, do not eat,"
不吃,小白兔
I replied,"the farmer's wheat:
我答道,不吃農民的小麥
If such thieving you begin,
如果你開始偷吃
You must pay it with your skin.
兔毛是你付出的沉重代價
Honestly your living get,
真誠享受你的所有
And you may be happy yet!"
你也會非??旎?!