Look at the Sky from the Bottom of a Well
坐井觀天
There is a frog. He lives in a well and he never goes out of the well. He thinks the sky is as big as the mouth of the well.
有一只青蛙住在井底,他從來沒有去過井外面。他以為天空就和井口一樣大。
One day a crow es to the well. He sees the frog and says, “Frog, let’s have a talk.”
一天, 一只烏鴉飛到井邊,看見青蛙,就對它說:“青蛙,咱們聊聊吧。”
Then the frog asks, “Where are you from?”
青蛙就問他:“你從哪里來?”
“I fly from the sky,” the crow says.
“我從天上上來。”烏鴉說。
The frog feels surprised and says, “The sky is only as big as the mouth of the well. How do you fly from the sky?”
青蛙驚訝地說:“天空就只有這井口這么大,你怎么會(huì)從天上來? ”
The crow says, “The sky is very big. You always stay in the well, so you don’t know the world is big.”
烏鴉說:“天空很大。只不過你一直呆在井里,所有不知道世界很大。”
The frog says, “I don’t believe.”
青蛙說:“我不相信。”
But the crow says, “You can e out and have a look by yourself.”
烏鴉說:“你可以出來,自己看看嘛。”
So the frog es out from the well. He is very surprised. How big the world is!
于是青蛙來到井外。他十分驚訝,原來世界這么大!
詞義解析:
1.frog:青蛙
2.bottom:底部
3.well:井
4.mouth:口
5.crow:烏鴉
6.surprised:感到驚訝的
7.believe:相信
8.world:世界
9.go out of:從……出來
10.as…as:和……一樣