5、 Talking about Housework
談論家務
A: Did you like the chicken soup? I got the recipe from TV.
你喜歡那雞湯嗎?我從電視上學的。
B: Yeah, everything was great. I think I’ll go watch the news now.
喜歡,所有的菜都很好吃。我該去看新聞了。
A:You said you’d do the dishes, didn’t you?
你說過你要洗碗的對不對?
B:Only if you clear the table first.
但你得先清理飯桌。
A:Come on, I made dinner, didn’t I?
別來這個,是我做的飯,不是嗎?
B:Yes, and it was delicious. All right, I guess I’ll do the dishes.
對,而且非常好吃。好吧,那我洗碗好了。
A:Thanks. And while we’re talking about chores, the light in the basement burned out.
謝謝。既然在談家務事,地下室的燈泡燒壞了。
B:I’ll replace the bulb after I finish the dishes.
我洗完碗就去換。
A:No, no, I already tried that. It still doesn’t work.
不用了,我已經(jīng)試過了。但是不管用。
B:Maybe there’s a short. Did you try the fuse box?
也許是短路了。你檢查保險絲盒了嗎?
A:Yes, and that didn’t help either.
檢查了,但也沒有用。
B:Then we have to call an electrician, don’t we?
那么我們應該叫電工來,是吧?
A:Do you have a service number?
你有電工服務電話嗎?
B:It’s on the refrigerator.
在冰箱上。
A:You’ll call him tomorrow, right?
你明天會給他打電話,是嗎?
B:Sure, if I remember.
當然了,如果我還記得的話。
A: Don’t worry, I’ll remind you.
別擔心,我提醒你。
額外成就感
家務英語
do the dishes 洗碗
* I always cook the meal and do the dishes! It’s not fair!
我總是既做飯又洗碗!這太不公平了!
* I don’t mind cleaning the kitchen, but I hate to do the dishes.
我不在乎打掃廚房,但我討厭洗碗。
short 短路
* If you have a short in your electrical system, call an electrician.
如果你的線路短路了,那就叫個電工來。
* Don’t use that outlet. I’m afraid it has a short.
別用那個插座??峙率嵌搪妨?。
bulb 燈泡
* Could you change the bulb in the kitchen lamp, please?
你能把廚房里的燈泡換一下嗎?
* This desk lamp needs a new bulb.
這盞臺燈該換新燈泡了。