391. I didn’t get the job I wanted.
我沒有得到我想要的工作。
392. I’m really disappointed in this movie.
這部電影真是令我失望。
393. The team’s performance was disappointing.
這個隊的表現令人失望。
394. I hate to disappoint you.
我很不愿讓你失望。
395. This meal is rather disappointing.
這頓飯真讓人失望。
396. He was disappointed with the hotel’s service.
這家旅店的服務讓他失望。
397. I expected better from you.
你沒達到我對你的期望。
398. She was disappointed in herself.
她對自己失望了。
399. I waited for two hours and no one came to meet me.
我等了兩個小時,沒人來接我。
400. This vacation did not go as well as expected.
這個假期過得沒有期望的那么愉快。
401. The world won’t end or anything like that, but I still feel pretty sad.
世界末日不會到來,但我還是感到難過。
402. I just found out that I didn’t get into one of the study abroad programs I applied for.
我剛知道在我申請的其中一個出國學習項目中,我沒被選上。
403. I don’t think it will lift my spirits but I’ll give it a try.
我想那也不會讓我的情緒好起來,但我會試試。
404. This doesn’t help me to get over my disappointment.
這并不能幫我克服失望。
405. I guess I will for your sake, but I still don’t like losing.
我想我會因為你而這么做,但我還是不喜歡輸的感覺。
【生詞解讀】
1. disappointment [] n. 失望;掃興,沮喪
2. disappointed [] a. 失望的,沮喪的
3. disappointing [] a. 使失望的;令人掃興的
4. disappoint [] v. 使失望