1.Dear me!What awful weather! 哎呀!多糟的天氣!
2.Oh, dear, dear! Where can Harry be? 天哪,天哪,亨利會在哪兒?
3.Dear, dear! Where have I put my keys? 哎呀,我把鑰匙放在哪啦?
4."Dear me, " he said to himself, "Am I foolish or unfit for my office?" “哎呀!”他心里嘀咕著,“我是愚蠢呢還是不稱職?”
五、well表示快慰、讓步、期望、譏諷、解釋、責備、猶豫等,可譯為“好吧、不過、好啦、嗯”等。
1. Well, your father has found him in the garage. 好啦,你父親在車庫里找到他了。
2.Are you sure? Well, perhaps you,are right. 你能肯定嗎?嗯,也許你說得對。
3.Well, you must come to lunch tomorrow. 不過,你明天一定要來吃午飯。
4.I handed the note to him and said, "Oh,very well,I apologize." 我把那張票子遞給了他,說道:“啊,好極了,我向你道歉。”
5.Well, why don't you make a notice like theirs? 那么,你為什么不做個像他們那樣的廣告牌呢?
六、now表示警告、命令、請求、說明、安慰籌,可譯為“喂、喏、好了”等,有時也可不必譯出。
1.Now, now, you two, Don't fight again. 喂,喂,你們倆,別再打了。
2.Now, now, my boy! It's all right! There's no need to cry! 好了,好了,孩子,沒事了,別哭了。
3.Now, let's play basketball. 喏,咱們打籃球吧!
4.Now, lift me up, Doctor, lift me up. Where is he? 把我扶起來吧,醫(yī)生,把我扶起來。他在哪里?
七、there表示得意、鼓勵、同情、悲哀、不耐煩、失望、安慰、挑釁、引起注意等,可譯為“喲、瞧、好啦、得啦”等。
1.There! There! Never mind, you'll soon feel better. 好啦,好啦,不要緊,你馬上會好的。
2.There,there,you said too much. 得啦,得啦,你說的太多了。
3.There—I've filled it up again. 瞧,我又把它灌滿了。
4.There—what's that? 喲,那是什么!