遇到新鄰居的時候,老外會選擇尷尬地打了下招呼。
Leonard:We don’t mean to interrupt you. We live across the hall.
里奧納德:我們不想打擾你。我們就住在你對面。
Penny: Oh, that’s nice.
佩妮:那太好了。
Leonard:We don’t live together. I mean...we live together, but in separate, heterosexual bedrooms.
里奧納德:我們不是住在一起。我是說我們住在一起,不過是在分開的、異性戀的臥室里。
Penny: Ok,well. Guess I’m your new neighbor, Penny.
佩妮:好的。看來你們就是我的新鄰居了,我叫佩妮。
Leonard:Leonard. Sheldon.(Hi)
里奧納德:我是里奧納德,他是謝爾頓。(你好)
Leonard:Well...Welcome to the building.
里奧納德:好。歡迎成為我們的鄰居。
Penny: Thank you. Maybe we can have coffee sometime.
佩妮:謝謝你。我們有時候可以一起喝咖啡。
Leonard:Great.
里奧納德:很好啊。
1、interrupt verb. 打斷
1) Don’t interrupt.
別插話。
2) It is impolite to interrupt when someone is talking.
在別人講話時,插話是不禮貌的。
2、separate adj. 單獨的,各自的,分開的
1)We sleep in separate rooms.
我們睡在各自的房間。
2)They went to separate places to pursue their dreams after graduated.
畢業(yè)后,他們去了不同的地方追求自己的夢想。
其實和陌生人或者不太親近的人聊天時,多多少少會有點尷尬,因為真的不知道要聊什么。不過,事實上不只是自己覺得尷尬,對方也會覺得尷尬。但是,聊著聊著就會熟悉了。所以,遇到外國人時,不要害怕自己會犯錯,主動找話題和他們尬聊下吧。