“我也愛你,貝拉。你走路的時候請更當心點,甜心,我不想失去你。”
Edward's eyes stayed closed, but a wide grin flashed across his face.
愛德華的眼睛依然閉著,但一個大大的咧嘴一笑在他臉上一閃而過。
A nurse came bustling in then to check all my tubes and wires. My mother kissed my forehead, patted my gauze-wrapped hand, and left.
一個護士匆匆忙忙地走進來,檢查了我身上所有的軟管和電線。我媽媽親吻了我的前額,輕拍了一下裹著紗布的手,然后離開了。
The nurse was checking the paper readout on my heart monitor.
那個護士正在檢查我的心電監(jiān)護儀所打印出來的紙條。
"Are you feeling anxious, honey? Your heart rate got a little high there."
“你感覺很不安嗎,甜心?你的心率在這個點上有點兒高。”
"I'm fine," I assured her.
“我很好。”我向她保證道。
"I'll tell your RN that you're awake. She'll be in to see you in a minute."
“我會告訴你的注冊護士你醒了。她會在一分鐘之內過來看你的。”
As soon as she closed the door, Edward was at my side.
一等她關上門,愛德華立刻出現在了我床邊。
"You stole a car?" I raised my eyebrows.
“你偷了一輛車?”我揚起眉毛。
He smiled, unrepentant. "It was a good car, very fast."
他微笑著,沒有半點悔改的意思。“那是輛好車,非???。”
"How was your nap?" I asked.
“你的小睡怎么樣?”我問道。
"Interesting." His eyes narrowed.
“非常有趣。”他瞇起眼睛。
"What?"
“什么?”
He looked down while he answered. "I'm surprised. I thought Florida… and your mother… well, I thought that's what you would want."
他垂下頭去,答道:“我很驚訝。我以為佛羅里達……還有你媽媽……好吧,我以為那正是你想要的。”
I stared at him uncomprehendingly. "But you'd be stuck inside all day in Florida. You'd only be able to come out at night, just like a real vampire."
我無法理解地盯著他。“可你在佛羅里達得終日困住屋里。你只能在夜里外號粗,就像一個真正的吸血鬼一樣。”
He almost smiled, but not quite. And then his face was grave. "I would stay in Forks, Bella. Or somewhere like it," he explained. "Someplace where I couldn't hurt you anymore."
他幾乎要微笑起來了,但最終沒有笑。然后他的臉黯淡下來。“我會待在??怂梗惱??;蛘吣硞€類似于福克斯的地方。”他解釋道。“某個我不會再傷害到你的地方。”