通過綠莖導火索催開花朵的力
The Force That through the Green Fuse Drives the Flower
狄蘭·托瑪斯
Dilan Thomas
通過綠莖導火索催開花朵的力
The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
催開我的青綠年華;摧毀樹根的
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
也是摧毀我的力。
Is my destroyer .
我沉默,不能告訴彎腰曲背的玫瑰花
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我的青春已被同樣的冬季熱病所壓彎。
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
驅動流水穿越巖石的力
The force that drives the water through the rocks
驅動著我的紅色血液;使張口的川流干涸的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
把我的脈流變成蠟。
Turns mine to wax.
我沉默,不能把話語注入我的血脈
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
說同一張嘴在怎樣吮吸山泉。
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
攪動池塘里水波的那只手
The hand that whirls the water in the pool
攪動著流沙;牽系著吹動的風的那只手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
拖曳著我的尸布帆。
Hauls my shroud sail.
我沉默,不能告訴那吊在絞刑架上的人
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
何以絞刑劊子手的石灰是由我的肉體制成。
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
時間的嘴唇如水蛭吸干泉水的源頭,
The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
愛情滴下又積聚,但落下的血滴
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
將撫慰她的創(chuàng)傷。
Shall calm her sores.
我沉默,不能告訴刮風天氣
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
何以時間已報出一個圍住眾星的天堂。
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
我沉默,不能告訴情人的墳墓
And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
何以同一只彎曲的蠕蟲爬行在我的被單上。
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm.