Never / Seldom has there been so much protest against the Bomb. 這么強烈的反對原子彈的抗議活動從未 / 很少 / 有過。
Little does he realize how important this meeting is. 他對這個會議的重要性不甚了了。
On no account must you accept any money if he offers it. 他如要給你錢,你可絕不能接受。
當這種副詞不在句首時,當然應該用正常詞序:
There has never / seldom been so much protest against the Bomb. 從未 / 很少發(fā)生過這么強烈的反對原子彈的抗議活動。
He little realizes how important this meeting is. 他不甚明白這個會議的重要性。
另外,有些含有否定意義的介詞短語置于句首時,其后也要用倒裝。如:
In no case should you give up. 你絕不能放棄。
On no condition should we tell her about it. 我們絕不能把此事告訴她。
On no accounts must this switch be touched.這個開關是絕 不能觸摸的。
In [Under] no circumstances will I lend money to him.無論如何我也不會再借錢給他了。
Under no circumstances should you lend him any money. 你無論如何都不該把錢借給他。
No way will I go on working for that man. 我不再給那個人工作了。