Chris:How do you like your steak?
克里斯:你的牛排要幾分熟?
Ruth:Well done. I don't like any pink showing and Idon't mind if it's a little charred.
露絲:全熟。我不喜歡上面有點粉紅色而且我不介意有點過。
Chris:I'll cook it the way you want it, but it'll be dryand tough.
克里斯:我會按你要求的烹調,但這樣又干又不好嚼。
Ruth:Yes, but a longer cooking time kills food borne illnesses.
露絲:是的,但長時間的烹飪會將食源性疾病殺死。
I don't want to eat anything that's undercooked.
我可不想吃不熟的食物。
Chris:It doesn't have to be burnt to be safe to eat.
克里斯:牛排不需要為了安全食用烹制。
It's easy to gauge when meat is done.
肉的成熟度很容易判斷。
How about if I brown each side to seal in the juices and then cook it to medium doneness?
如果我每邊都烤得焦黃鎖住里面的肉汁,然后弄成中等成熟怎么樣?
Ruth:No, I don't want to take any chances.
露絲:不,我不想冒任何風險。
I'd rather the steak is overcooked than undercooked.
我寧愿吃老的也不吃弄不熟的。
Are you going to eat that?
你要吃那個嗎?
Chris:Yes, I like my steak juicy.
克里斯:是的,我喜歡我的牛排很多汁。
Ruth:But that's raw!
露絲:但那是生的!
Chris:No, it's cooked rare, not raw.
克里斯:不,是幾分熟,不是生的。
I'll cut into it so you can see that it's cooked.
我切一下,這樣你就可以看到它已經(jīng)熟了。
Ruth:It's oozing red! That is definitely not cooked.
露絲:這塊肉正滲出紅色!這肯定沒熟。
Chris:I'll prove it to you.
克里斯:我會證明給你看。
I'll eat this piece and live to tell about it.
我吃這一塊告訴你。
Ruth:Don't put that in your mouth! You're risking your health.
露絲:別把它放進你嘴里!你在拿自己的健康開玩笑。
Chris:I think I'll survive.
克里斯:我想我會活下去的。
Chris: How do you like your steak?
Ruth: Well done. I don’t like any pink showing and I don’t mind if it’s a little charred.
Chris: I’ll cook it the way you want it, but it’ll be dry and tough.
Ruth: Yes, but a longer cooking time kills foodborne illnesses. I don’t want to eat anything that’s undercooked.
Chris: It doesn’t have to be burnt to be safe to eat. It’s easy to gauge when meat is done. How about if I brown each side to seal in the juices and then cook it to medium doneness?
Ruth: No, I don’t want to take any chances. I’d rather the steak is overcooked than undercooked. Are you going to eat that?
Chris: Yes, I like my steak juicy.
Ruth: But that’s raw!
Chris: No, it’s cooked rare, not raw. I’ll cut into it so you can see that it’s cooked.
Ruth: It’s oozing red! That is definitely not cooked.
Chris: I’ll prove it to you. I’ll eat this piece and live to tell about it.
Ruth: Don’t put that in your mouth! You’re risking your health.
Chris: I think I’ll survive.