Unit 20 Stevie and Tiger
第20單元 史提夫和老虎
Steve Wonder and Tiger Woods are in a bar. Steve Wonder says:"How's the golf?"
史提夫·汪達和老虎·伍茲在酒吧里聊天。史提夫·汪達說:“最近高爾夫打得怎么樣啊?”
Woods replies:"Not too bad, I've had some problems with my swing, but I've got that right now."
伍茲回答:“還可以,最近揮桿是有點不順,但我想問題已經克服了。”
Stevie Wonder says:"I always find that when myswing goes wrong, I need to stop playing for a while and not think about it.
史提夫說:“我發(fā)現每次我只要揮桿不順,最好就是休息一陣子什么都不要想,
Then, the next time I play, it seems to be all right."
等下回打球時,就什么問題都沒了。”
Tiger Woods says:"You play golf?"
老虎·伍茲說:“你也打高爾夫?”
Stevie Wonder says:"Oh, yes, I've been playing for many years."
史提夫·汪達說:“是啊,我打了好多年了。”
And Woods says:"But, you're blind. How can you play golf if you're blind?"
伍茲說:“可是你不是失明了嗎?眼睛看不見怎么打高爾夫呢?”
Wonder replies:"I get my caddy to stand in the middle of the fairway and call to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play towards him."
汪達回答:“我叫我的球童站在球道中央然后叫我,我便聽著他嗓子傳來的聲音,把球朝他的方向打。”
"Then, when I get to where the ball lands, the caddy moves to the green or farther down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice."
“等球落地后,球童便移動到果嶺或是球道更遠的地方,我再把球朝他聲音的方向打。”
Woods asks:"What's your handicap?"
伍茲問:“你什么方面差點?”
Stevie says, "Well, I'm a scratch golfer. We've got to paly a round sometime."
史提夫說:“我是零差點球員。改天來打場球吧。”
Woods says,"Ok, I'm game for that, when would you like to play?"
伍茲說:“好啊,我很樂意。你覺得什么時間比較好”
Stevie says, "Pick a night!"
史提夫說:“選一天晚上吧!”