“這是我應該做的。”當我的眼皮慢慢垂下來時,她低聲說道。
She must have left the room, because something cold and smooth touched my face.
她一定已經離開房間了,因為一個冰冷光滑的東西正觸碰著我的臉。
"Stay." The word was slurred.
“留下來。”這句話是那么的含糊。
"I will," he promised. His voice was beautiful, like a lullaby. "Like I said, as long as it makes you happy… as long as it's what's best for you."
“我會的。”他保證道。他的聲音是那么的美妙,就像是催眠曲一樣。“就像我說的,只要這能讓你快樂……只要這對你來說是最好的。”
I tried to shake my head, but it was too heavy. "'S not the same thing," I mumbled.
我試圖搖頭,但我的頭太沉重了。“那不一樣。”我喃喃低語著。
He laughed. "Don't worry about that now, Bella. You can argue with me when you wake up."
他笑出聲來。“現在不用擔心這個,貝拉。你可以等到你醒來的時候再跟我爭論。”
I think I smiled. '"Kay."
我想我在微笑。“Kay。”
I could feel his lips at my ear.
我能感覺到,他的唇落在了我的耳畔。
"I love you," he whispered.
“我愛你,”他耳語著。
"Me, too."
“我也是。”
"I know," he laughed quietly.
“我知道。”他輕聲笑了起來。
I turned my head slightly… searching. He knew what I was after. His lips touched mine gently.
我稍稍轉過頭……搜尋著。他知道我在等著什么。他的唇溫柔地吻上了我的唇。
"Thanks," I sighed.
“謝謝。”我嘆了口氣。
"Anytime."
“不用謝。”
I wasn't really there at all anymore. But I fought against the stupor weakly. There was just one more thing I wanted to tell him.
我真的要睡過去了。但我依然虛弱地和麻木感掙扎著。還有一件事我要告訴他。
"Edward?" I struggled to pronounce his name clearly.
“愛德華?”我掙扎著,清晰地拼出他的名字。
"Yes?"
“嗯?”
"I'm betting on Alice," I mumbled.
“我和愛麗絲打賭了。”我喃喃低語著。
And then the night closed over me.
然后,黑夜淹沒了我。