托德:凱蒂,我們來談談家庭。
Katie: Okay.
凱蒂:好。
Todd: In your family, who is nice?
托德:你家里誰比較和藹?
Katie: In my family, I think my, my mum is really nice. She's always looking out for everyone. She always makes sure everybody is happy. And she's just really nice and kind.
凱蒂:我認為我媽媽很和藹。她一直在照顧所有人。她要確保所有人都開心。她友好又善良。
Todd: Wow! That's great. Who is a funny person? Who is very funny?
托德:哇哦!那太棒了。那你家里誰最有趣?誰最有意思?
Katie: I think in my family; my dad is very funny. But I don't think he knows he's very funny.
凱蒂:我想我家里最有趣的人應該是我爸爸。不過我認為他自己并不知道自己很幽默。
Todd: Alright. Oh, that's interesting. Now who is serious? Is anybody serious?
托德:好。哦,那很有意思。那誰比較嚴肅?你家里有嚴肅的人嗎?
Katie: I don't think anybody is serious in my family.
凱蒂:我想我家里沒有嚴肅的人。
Todd: No uncles or aunts?
托德:叔叔和阿姨也不嚴肅嗎?
Katie: Everyone likes to have a laugh. Everyone likes to have a good time.
凱蒂:我家里所有人都喜歡笑。所有人都喜歡開心的生活。
Todd: Oh that-
托德:哦……
Katie: Everyone is always joking.
凱蒂:所有人都一直在開玩笑。
Todd: Oh, what I nice family.
托德:哦,真是一個不錯的家族。
Katie: (laughs)
凱蒂:(笑)
Todd: OK. Who is very hardworking?
托德:好。那你家里誰最勤勞?
Katie: Ooohh. Well obviously, my mum is very hardworking. And she's always been very hardworking. She has to make sure that the whole family knows what they're doing. She has to make sure the whole family is ready for every day. Yeah, I think my mum is the hardworking one.
凱蒂:哦。顯然我媽媽非常勤勞。她一直非常勤快。她要確保整個家庭知道他們要做什么。她要確保整個家庭為每一天做好準備。我認為我媽媽很勤勞。
Todd: OK. Is anybody not hardworking? Maybe a little lazy?
托德:好。那有人不勤勞嗎?有沒有比較懶的人?
Katie: Definitely me. (laughs) Definitely me especially when I was younger. I would never help with any of the chores in the house. I was definitely the lazy one.
凱蒂:那一定是我。(笑)一定是我,尤其是我小時候。我以從來不會幫忙做任何家務。我絕對是那個懶的人。
Todd: Oh, I understand, I'm the same way. OK. Now in your family, who is very smart?
托德:哦,我理解,我也一樣。好,那你家里誰比較聰明?
Katie: My brother is really, really smart. He actually went to Oxford University.
凱蒂:我哥哥非常非常聰明。實際上他考上了牛津大學。
Todd: Whoa.
托德:哇哦。
Katie: Yeah, he's very smart. But I didn't get any of that. My brother has all the smart genes.
凱蒂:對,他非常聰明。不過我就沒有遺傳到聰明的基因。所有的聰明基因都遺傳到我哥哥身上了。
Todd: Wow, that's a good school. OK. Who is very fit?
托德:哇哦,那是個很好的大學。好,那你家里誰身材好?
Katie: Hmm... Well, my dad is a chef and-
凱蒂:嗯……我爸爸是廚師……
Todd: Oh, really?
托德:哦,真的嗎?
Katie: Yeah. My dad makes really, really good food, so no one in my family is fit. We all eat too much food.
凱蒂:對。我爸爸做飯非常好吃,所以我家里沒有人身材好。因為我們都吃的很多。
Todd: Oh, nobody exercises a lot?
托德:哦,沒有人經(jīng)常運動嗎?
Katie: Not really.
凱蒂:我們都不怎么運動。
Todd: Oh, okay. Yeah, in my family, my dad is super fit.
托德:哦,好。我們家,我爸爸非常健壯。
Katie: (laugh)
凱蒂:(笑)
Todd: OK. In your family, who is talkative?
托德:好。那你家里誰比較健談?
Katie: Oh, I keep saying my mum for all of these but my mum is definitely the most talkative. She talks to anybody who - even people who she doesn't know. She will talk to anybody, strangers on the street, people she meets at the bus stop. She talks to everybody.
凱蒂:哦,你問的問題我一直在回答是我媽媽,不過我媽媽的確是我家里最健談的。她和所有人聊天,她甚至和不認識的人聊天。她和所有人都聊天,無論是街上的陌生人,還是在公交站遇到的人。她和誰都聊天。
Todd: Oh, that's cool. Now, who is quiet?
托德:哦,那真酷。那你家里誰比較安靜?
Katie: Hmm, I think when he's meeting people for the first time, my brother is very quiet. He's very shy. He doesn't like speaking to new people a lot.
凱蒂:嗯,在初次和別人見面時,我哥哥會非常安靜。他非常害羞。他不喜歡和剛認識的人聊天。
Todd: OK. Thanks a lot. Sounds like a nice family.
托德:好。非常謝謝你。聽起來你家真是個不錯的家庭。
Katie: Yeah. I think so too.
凱蒂:對,我也這么想。